I have an interested new client – NOW WHAT?
(Don't worry, you have the tools, now you just need the CONFIDENCE that you can indeed help this potential client).
1. Do not panic
2. Initial Call
- Set up a time when you have at least 30 minutes to spend on the phone doing an initial interview.
- Use a timer so that you don't go over the 30 minutes
- Keep a bullet list of what you want to discuss (see New Client Checklist below)
3. Find out EXACTLY what the clients needs help with
- Ask about specific tasks: newsletter, postings, blog updates, etc.
- Sometimes this is difficult...so I would encourage you to LISTEN for the client's pain.
- What "tasks" do they not have time to do?
- What "tasks" do they not WANT to do?
4. Budget for an Assistant
- Does the client have a budget for a VA? If so, how much.
- Please Note - sometimes they do not know what to expect - so give them a ballpark
- Will they need help one time or on a consistent basis (better rate).
- What is the deadline for this project? (I always needed 48 to 72 hours to complete a request, unless it is an urgent matter).
- Get all of the information and then tell the client you will email him a proposal within 24 hours.
5. Documents for You to Use and Edit
- Checklist - New Client Checklist
- Checklist - VA Time Determination New Client
- Checklist - Niche Market
- Checklist - Virtual Assistant or Personal Assistant
- SAMPLE - Proposal
6. Your Own Pace
Remember, work at your own pace and take good notes. This is a private network where you can take the time you need to learn the material in a way that works for you.
Here are shortcuts to each of the Trainings:
- Video Welcome from Angel
- Beginner VA - 1.0 = VA Set Up Getting Started
- Beginner VA - 2.0 = Virtual Assistant Solutions
- Beginner VA - 3.0 = Virtual Assistant Springboard
- Beginner VA - 4.0 = New Client Checklist (Detail Steps with Docs)
If you find some cool shortcuts that you want to share with the community, here is our Cool Tools section! I update this group with information from all of us!
MOST OF ALL...HAVE FUN! This is an investment in you! Take your time and learn in a way that works for you!..Ready??
So buckle up...and let's get started!