Now that you have an idea of what is EXPECTED of a top notch virtual assistant, and you have the TOOLS to do an amazing job for clients…how do you get started?
See Previous Beginner Virtual Assistant Training Info Here:
Module III: VA Springboard
- Built in Network
- Find a few Raving Fans
- Referral Program
- Help a new VA Get Started
- Relate, Relate, Relate
- Professional Net-iquette
- Help a New VA
- Be Encouraged!
1. Built in Network – Find places to network
- Meetup.com - is a good source to find local meetups. Suggestion: find a meetup of a passion of yours (not necessarily one where everyone is a VA. ). This way you can build connections and relationships on a common ground.
a) Meetup Tip
- Connect with local business owners
- Set up a powerful profile
- Add videos, pictures, blogs and recommendations
- Strategically connect with other Insiders and meet offline, after you have connected online
- Be a true “connector” and help people relate and do business together (even if there is no business in it for you) :o)
2. Join Groups
Find local groups of powerful business owners in your area.
- Tuesday AM Coffee Break - we started this at Electric Beanz (locally owned coffee shop) many years ago. Get to know your local coffee places and see if they have any monthly or weekly meetings there that you can visit.
- Women's Power Networking - when I began my VA business I built great business connections with a small group of women at WPN. Many of the WPN members were my very first customers (and raving fans).
- BNI Groups - some Virtual Assistants and Personal Assistants I know attend BNI Groups to get guaranteed referrals. That is a powerful way to connect with like minded business individuals.
3. Find a few Raving Fans
It really only takes a couple of raving fans to watch your business grow. My business exploded when I had a couple of raving fans tell their friends and other business owners.
- When clients are happy get those referrals in writing (i.e. email, LinkedIn recommendations, Facebook Reviews, etc.)
4. Referral Program
I still offer a powerful referral program: For every referral that ends in paying business, the person who referred them gets 1 hour of VA services from me.
Truthfully, there were clients who couldn’t afford my services, but believed in my work and referred many clients to me.
5. Relate, Relate, Relate
Be the solution, not part of the problem. Be helpful and encouraging with insight and advice. Truly help people where you can.
- Don’t “spam” your friends or new acquaintances with business cards and your latest promotion. Get to know the PEOPLE behind the BUSINESS.
- You want RELATIONSHIPS not names for an email list (that legally you should not add without permission…remember :o)
6. Professional Net-iquette
The Golden Rule is never more true than in social media “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”
- Serve for the common good
- Have integrity in everything you say and do
- Be a resource and an encourager
- Remember, just because people don’t comment, doesn’t mean they aren’t READING everything you write.
7. Help a New Virtual Assistant just getting Started
Do you know when my business tripled? When I got out of my own way and began helping new VA’s in the industry.
I have poured into many VA’s who are now pouring into other VA’s as they start their own journey.
8. Be Encouraged!
Remember, work at your own pace and take good notes. This is a private network where you can take the time you need to learn the material in a way that works for you.
Here are shortcuts to each of the Trainings:
- Video Welcome from Angel
- Beginner VA - 1.0 = VA Set Up Getting Started
- Beginner VA - 2.0 = Virtual Assistant Solutions
- Beginner VA - 3.0 = Virtual Assistant Springboard
- Beginner VA - 4.0 = New Client Checklist (Detail Steps with Docs)
If you find some cool shortcuts that you want to share with the community, here is our Cool Tools section! I update this group with information from all of us!
MOST OF ALL...HAVE FUN! This is an investment in you! Take your time and learn in a way that works for you!..Ready??
So buckle up...and let's get started!